Friday, November 28, 2008

Check out that hair!


Wow! I had a lot of fun with this whole yearbook yourself thing. You can try it for yourself and have a few good laughs here. I saved several photos, but my favorite was from the year 1968. So now I've got myself thinking... What happened in 1968 that would have me smiling like this?

Well, I found a few things that would make me smile.
1. Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl II
2. The 1968 Winter Olympics held in Grenoble, France. - you can't tell me you don't LOVE to watch the olympics!!
3. The U.S. Congress repealed the requirement for a gold reserve to back the U.S. currency.
4. President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1968.
5. The Beatles announced their creation of Apple Records.
6. James Earl Ray was arrested for the murder of Martin Luther King Jr.
7. One Life to Live premiers on ABC. Haha!
8. Richard M. Nixon was nominated for U.S. President by the Republican National Convention.
9. Mattel's Hot Wheels toy cars are introduced! I LOVED those things!! :)
10. NASA launched Apollo 7, the first manned Apollo mission.
11. Richard M. Nixon becomes president.
12. Apollo 8 entered orbit around the moon allowing the astronauts on board to be the first people to see the far side of the moon and planet Earth as a whole.

So there it is, something from every month during 1968 that would make me smile. Now I could write a list about things that don't make me smile during this same time period, but that would be much longer and filled with the Vietnam War, civil rights protests, etc, etc. Lets just settle with some of the good that took place, and for those few older (than me, not meaning old as in ancient or elderly) adults that might read this blog, I hope this served as a nice little flash back for you! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by! :)