Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My random, this really bothered me post...

Okay so today is finally APRIL!! Yay! It is now officially 2 weeks until my birthday!! Yeah, I know.. I was born on Income Tax Day.. get over it people! Do you taxes and celebrate my birthday! Ha! Most of the time when people ask me when my birthday is, the usual response I get is "Ohh, Income Tax Day.. poor you." Really?!? Poor me? I beg to differ. You see, I was given birth on income tax day, therefore I am really thankful. If my mother didn't give birth to me, well, I just wouldn't be here now would I? I have heard my entire life about how I am bad luck because of my birthdate. In return for my entire life, I think those telling me this are probably behind on their taxes or whatnot. Otherwise, why would you say that?Anyway, off that soapbox and on to what I was going to post about..

My husband was picking at me that I was officially going to be in my mid 20's since I am turning 24. Which he then said that was close enough to 25, that I would then be a quarter of a century old, therefore probably 1/4 of my life has already passed. We always joke with each other, because I sorta did the same thing to him when he turned 25 this past February. So I finally got him to stop picking at me and we went out to dinner.

So at dinner, Mr. D orders a margarita and the waitress jots it down. Then I also order a margarita, and the waitress gives me a weird look and asks for my ID. Well, why didn't you ask for my husbands ID as well.. we are sitting at the same table.. we both ordered alcohol.. makes sense to me! Oh wait, that's right.. is it because I look like I'm 12 and my husband doesn't? That must be it! So I proceed to get out my ID and the waitress seriously, SERIOUSLY scans it for a full 20 seconds. Most of the time they glance at your birthday and give it back. I watched her.. she read the entire thing, then I could see her adding in her head to make sure I was at least 21, then she compared me to the picture. What?? Are you serious? It made me feel really uncomfortable, even though I wasn't doing anything wrong.

After she left our table, my husband commented that no one ever looks at ID's that long. He said that maybe the restaurant was having an issue with underage people trying to order alcohol. I don't know either way, but I was a little upset. Normally I wouldn't be because I get carded all the time, but last night bothered me. I think it bothered me because my hubby was picking at me about how OLD I'm going to be, and the fact that I was having dinner with my husband and he didn't get carded. Oh well! I know when I'm older I will be wishing I was getting carded and all that blah blah blah.

Would this have bothered you? Has this happened to you? For as long as she examined my ID, she probably has my address and DL# memorized! Ha!

9 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Um, who cares if you were born on Tax Day? How is that unlucky? I don't get it...haha! Obviously your mama was really lucky to have you!

And yeah, I get carded all of the time. When I was picking up our marriage license, I was asked if I needed a parental consent form. Evidently, at 23, they thought I was 16. Special.

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness this happens to me all the time! I had a lady actually refuse to sell me alcohol because she thought my ID was fake! Seriously, I was 23 at the time! Outrageous!!!

katie + bret said...

I can relate to both your rants... A) My wedding day is April 14th so everyone's response is always "The day before tax day!" ... yea, you are right, that is exactly what I want to hear when celebrating my wedding! B) I look 12 as well and people not only card me but they also try to bend my ID back and forth and always look me up and down... I feel your pain Kelli, I feel it...

belle said...

My DL picture is from several years ago and I am very, very blonde. I've since started dyeing my hair brown. I got carded at the movies (we were sitting in a VIP area that's 21+ only) and the kid (seriously, he was like 16) spent a full minute inspecting my DL. I'm 29. I look 29. Still, he acted like I faked an ID and didn't even bother to make it look like me...

jlc said...

Ummmm instead of getting carded let's talk about teaching HS and getting stopped for a HALL PASS!

A HALL PASS!!!

Ok end rant. But yeah I can relate. ;)

Jon and Steph said...

That's so weird! Your husband is probably right, they must have stepped up their rules on serving alcohol.

And why would it be such a big deal if you were born on tax day??? People are strange!

yours truly... said...

Girl, it must be a Dallas thing! haha, this happens to me EVERYWHERE!! Grocery store, wine bar, restaurant, NEVER FAILS!! So frustrating!!

Happy Thursday!!

Learning As I Go said...

LOL...I get that all the time. I have even had people quiz me on my ID. My husband is several years older and doesn't get carded but I always do. I try to look at it as a good thing. At least you look young.

Jennifer W said...

Another beautiful blog by Penny Lane Designs! My birthday is April 15th too. I am so tired of the not funny jokes. Really people? You think you're the FIRST person in (almost) 28 years to make that joke. Psh. :)

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by! :)