Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Funday!

Yay for three day weekends! I was planning on posting sooner in the week, but my schedule didn't allow me much extra time. I survived the first week of school and so far I have had a pretty nice little break. School is going to be extra tough this semester and really take a lot of time and dedication. Japanese is really interesting and I am learning a lot. I am really enjoying having a native Japanese person for my teacher this semester. It is going to take a little getting used to because she doesn't slow down her speaking at all and if you aren't paying attention it will just go in one ear and out the other.

On to the extracurricular activities of the week... Thursday was the first meeting for The Coalition of Older College Kids (C.O.C.K.) and it was a lot of fun.


We got to meet lots of people that had similar "college stories" as us and it was nice to get to know quite a few people. In the next few weeks, I will officially be a member of this group! :) Last night, we went to the party the group threw to kick off the new school year. Quite a bit of fun was had by all and I am sure there will be many more parties to come.

Not too much else went on this week. Now that school started, I am sure my weeks will run together more and be filled with school, work, and sleep for the most part. I have been keeping an eye on Hurricane Gustav and kind of getting a kick out of all the news articles out there. Is New Orleans ready this time, Will everyone get out, What we learned from Katrina, etc... My opinion is this: Don't stick around to see if New Orleans is "ready" this time, better safe than sorry, just GET OUT! My cousin Patrick left NOLA on Friday to stay with the rest of my family that lives in Shreveport and we are still trying to get ahold of DadBilly to see what Felicia's plans are. Note: For those that don't know and for future reference, I call Billy's dad DadBilly because they have the same name. Moving on, we got our RSVP in for David and Jill's wedding and I am really looking forward to it! I love weddings even though I have cried at pretty much every wedding I have ever been to, they are still a lot of fun. I asked Billy if I could wear my wedding dress to David and Jill's wedding and he told me no! I just can't seem to find the right occasion to wear it again! I'm really just kidding but it would be fun to do it all over again. We went shopping today to get me a dress for the wedding, and it was a rather short trip. Billy picked out the dress and he did a pretty good job I think. I tried it on, it looked great, and off we went, simple as that! (That never happens by the way)

Well, I guess that is all I have for now. I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day holiday tomorrow, those of you that have off work! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad both of you are talking to us. I love it. Let us know how you are doing with the headaches.
Thanks for the entertainment. kg

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by! :)