Sunday, November 2, 2008

Warm Chewy Goodness

That's right! I made my very first loaf of banana nut bread and it was delicious! Warm, chewy, moist, and very satisfying to my belly. I have wanted to make banana bread for so long but I have just never gotten around to it until the other day. I actually got the urge to make cupcakes but once I got to the store I decided on bread instead. I personally think it was a wiser, more healthy choice than cupcakes... especially since I took Target up on their offer of putting the extra Halloween candy on sale.

Moving on, I went to Michaels Arts and Craft store today looking for something to do. I got the sudden urge to make something but I didn't know what. The Michael's store near my house is currently being rearranged so the entire store is a wreck. I browsed the store for almost an hour until I had to leave because they were closing, only finding myself leaving empty handed.

I hate that feeling.

You know the feeling where you want to do something but you don't know what. I have pretty much had that feeling all day. Now that I actually went to the store and became overwhelmed with all the possibilities of things to create, I can't put my finger down on one thing to do for the time being to satisfy my urge to complete something. Then I thought, I have stuff at home that I could work with... but what will I do? It is just so frustrating sometimes. Just to satisfy myself for the moment, I am going to blame it on Michael's for now. If there store was in order and I knew where everything was, then I would have found something for sure. As I walked around tonight I thought of ideas, but I couldn't piece everything together because everything wasn't out or where it could be found. Perhaps maybe I could blame it on myself for not knowing exactly what it was that I wanted to do, but then that just wouldn't be any fun. I never know what I really want to do when I go into that store. I usually just figure it out when I get there. Anyway, the point is that my urge to create something is still there and I probably won't have time to do anything about it until who knows when.

If anyone has any good ideas on a small craft project, please pass them along. I need something to do!!

1 comments:

Keeping Up with the Jones' said...

hey girl! i've been meaning to comment on your blog and time just gets away from me. a quick craft idea: you could make a neat collage using old photos or i even used an old bird book i got at a garage sale. take the pics and frame them in like 4x6 frames whatever size you want. then hang those frames in a larger square. i'll send you a pic of the example i used. it's a focal piont as well. so fun, so easy, so cheap. talk to you soon, xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by! :)